Werner Odachi Bent Carbon
Designed from the ground up specific for down river and creek race, in collaboration between our engineers and some of the best racers in the world. As race courses are more commonly set on harder and harder runs, we want to assure that going fast didn’t have to mean worrying about your paddle. The Odachi brings our Bomber reputation to the race paddler.
- With an increased blade to shaft offset, this blade forward design gives a more powerful catch and more verticality through the power phase.
- Greater dihedral to stabilize powerful forward strokes through turbulent conditions.
- Long blade length (49cm) provides greater leverage.
- Race inspired blade tip. Symmetrical shape for more surface area, for more efficiency when matching a more vertical race stroke. Subtle scoop for more purchase.
- Along with carbon bent and straight shafts, we’ve optimized materials and manufacturing techniques to obtain lower weight, remain strong and provide a comfortable flex. Less fatigue on your body overall, for the longer races.
- Because you still hit rocks when you go fast, Dynel® edging is highly abrasion and impact resistant. Protecting the fine-tuned carbon blades from the elements.
- NOTE. Design features that make this paddle fast, also make for a unique feel in your hands. Bracing and rolling are different. With our proven River Running line up to round out your quiver, we did not intend the Odachi to be an all around paddle.
- Although our Ultimate performance paddles are far and away our best paddling, their unique design characteristics and materials do not make them our most impact resistant. Look to our Premium paddles for the highest impact resistance.
- Feather Angle: 1-piece options- unfeathered, Right hand control or left hand control, up to 90 degrees, in 5 degree increments. 2-piece and 4-piece options not available.
This is not a stock paddle so may take some time to get from supplier, If you are worried about how long this will take then please feel free to give us a call to find out. Custom lengths/feather/left hand may also available but will require ordering from America so there will be a wait for delivery, please contact us if the option you would like is not on the website and we will do our best to get you the paddle you require.